Are you anxious about a specific situation in your life? Has anxiety become part of your daily life? The Bible reminds us that “God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control” (2 Timothy 1:7).
Thanks to our Lord and Savior, we can learn to take back control of our thoughts. Let’s fill our thoughts with God’s love, faith, and peace.
10 Bible Verses About Anxiety
God reminds His people all throughout the Old and New Testaments to overcome our feelings of worry, anxiety, and nervousness through Him.
When you’re feeling anxious, take a few minutes to read and pray on His Words.
- “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31 (ESV)
- “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” – Hebrews 11:1 (ESV)
- “And he said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing.” – Luke 12:22-23 (ESV)
- “When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.” – Psalm 34:17 (ESV)
- “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 8:38-39 (ESV)
- “Therefore, do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” – Matthew 6:31-33 (ESV)
- “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance [a] upon you and give you peace.” – Numbers 6:24-26 (ESV)
- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.” – Psalm 94:19
- “The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” – Zephaniah 3:17 (ESV)
- “Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7 (ESV)
Control Your Thoughts and Overcome Anxiety with Jesus
As a daily reminder to yourself, remember to:
- Put your anxiety onto Jesus.
- Ask Jesus to calm your fears and insecurities.
- Don’t live in the guilt of your sin. Jesus died for your sins so you can have an everlasting life.
- Read His Word and pray when your anxious thoughts try to take control of your mind.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
Guard Your Mind with the Strength of God
During times of anxiety, remember that there is only ONE thing guaranteed in life, The Word of God. The Word of God will never be destroyed. It is eternal. Your relationship with Jesus will help you to overcome your anxieties. Learn more about True View Ministries.